Monday, May 17, 2010

Please Grow!

Here she is... Our very first garden attempt (I don't think the 4 tomato bushes and 2 rows of lettuce in West Jordan counted) Brian has worked so hard, adding junk to the soil so that hopefully it will have some nutritional contribution to the plants and seeds we put in. He also just finished our handy watering system, and with only one geyser/ pipe burst casualty. I only wished I could have seen the actual event, all I got to see was a soaked and laughing, Brian come walking through the door.
Yay for raspberries! These are our raspberries we got from Brian's parents. They really need to start growing so that we can make our own raspberry freezer jam to sustain our family, so that we no longer have to rely on Grandma's supply:)

9 comments:

Rachel said...

YAY for raspberries. OOOOHHH how I love them!
I just read the Mother's Day cards. They were so flipping cute!

MyrLynn said...

Awesome! Good luck...this is Idaho!

Jenn J. said...

I'm glad Brian was laughing when he was soaked because of a breaking and geysering. Eric would not have been laughing. :) Good luck with the garden. Especially those raspberries. Mmmm...

The Johnson Crew said...

That is huge, good job Brain. Good luck, I am sure it will grow.

Jill said...

Hey I found you from Myrlynns blog. It is so fun to keep up with everyone. Even though we live right down the street :)

Mandy said...

Awesome-looking garden! So what have you planted so far? Ours is coming up really great now that it has stopped snowing!

Rob and Jenn said...

Looks fantastic! Hope you are growing onions and peppers so that Brian can grill us some steak, mmmm, steak!

Nicole Marsh said...

I am so jealous of your spacious garden!! I am trying to find places to plant things in my backyard!! Good luck with the raspberries, freezer jam is the best!

Carlie said...

If those starts take, you will have the yummiest raspberries- I remember his parents berries- yummo!!! I am making rasp freezer jam today- bought them from Costco. Your garden looks amazing and I would have paid money to see Brian with the pipe bursting! He's a good sport- Mitch wouldn't have been so pleasant!