Thursday, January 28, 2010

Seriously YUM!

I am have been wanting to try a few new recipes lately and I stumbled upon this one. I was going to make granola bars, but then one of the reviewers said that if you have kids you MUST try these "Gobble-up Granola Snacks" So, I did. I just made them. YUMMY!!! They are the same texture as a chewy granola bar and they have rice crispies in them too. You can add so many different things. I did raisins and Cran-strawberries (in considering the state of poor Mo's colon :) I can't wait to do some with m&ms and choc chips to. Try it out. Greyson just cam running into the office and said "This is the best granola bar I ever had Mom" Can't beat that review. I followed reviewers advice and upped the Brown sugar, corn syrup, and PB to 2/3 cup and just added as many craisins as I wanted. SO GOOD! GO MAKE THEM NOW, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
  • 2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal and oats. Set aside. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Combine the brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat just until boiling, then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the cereal and oat mixture, and mix well.
  3. Press into the prepared pan using the back of a large spoon. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Those sound so awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

Amy said...

I have made these awhile back. They really are amazing!

Nicole Marsh said...

Yum! I am going to have to make some now.

Carrie said...

I just made these with craisins and white choc chips. They are AMAZING! Thanks for the recipe!

Ginger said...

Mmmm looks good.

Emily said...

you and all your recipes... you are so good to bake and try new yummy things- thanks for sharing!

Hogan Family said...

Yummy! I will definately try it. Loved your New Moon pics. Looks like you all had fun.

Found your blog when you left it on the chalk board in Ref Society. Mine is private but email me if you want to view it and I will add you. jah@silverstar.com

Jody

Warth Family said...

My mouth is salvating(is that a word) as I look at the picture of these granola bars. How dare you tempt me yet again! Granola bars are supposed to be healthy for you right???