Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chicken in Basil Cream....mmmmmmmmmmmm....

I have been in a cooking rut lately, just not in the mood. I decided that maybe trying some new recipes might spice things up a little so tonight I tried this one. I get the Allrecipes.com daily newsletter and got this one a couple days ago. It was really easy to prepare and was a hit for the fam, my kids even gobbled it up. I will definitely make it again. For full recipe details go here.
I followed some of the review suggestions and used half and half instead of cream and served with penne pasta. Couldn't find the jar of pimento peppers, so I used roasted red pepper instead. Some people used dried basil and said it was okay, but most reccomended fresh. I did it with fresh and it was soooo good. Sorry, I didn't think to take a pic. But I did get pictures that prove how deliciuous this meal was :)





She eventually got clean.

6 comments:

Katie H. said...

She is such a cutie. I can't believe how fast her hair is growing in.

Katie Jane said...

I miss my MoMo Jo!! Can I come visit next week?

Carlie said...

Ooh, I'm gonna have to try that one! I would love it if I found my kids finishing their plate like that! She's so dang cute!

Mandy said...

Try the recipes from Dealstomeals.com--you have to subscribe--$4.95 per month, but oh my goodness! Have tried many and LOVE them all! Miss you guys!

Rachel said...

I L-O-V-E the bathtub picture. SO CUTE!

Rob and Jenn said...

We had soooo much fun with you guys on Sat. even if we were separated for a few hours while being stuck in the car! But it was worth it only because we got to meet Obama...even if I didn't vote for him or ever will! I'll down load my pictures soon and send you some copies. Will it work if I email them to you???